Wednesday 4 August 2010

A quick update

A few of you have been asking me what is happening with the planning application for the old biscuit factory so I thought I'd better give a quick explanation.
 
The council's planning committee met last Wednesday to discuss the application, gave the council's planning officials a bit of a hard time, made some fairly negative comments about the planing application and decided they wanted a site visit before they made a final decision on the application. The planning committee also commented on our contra-plan; they seemed to like it.
 
So, the planning committee came on the site visit the next day. I think they will have seen all the signs that you made. You can find some of them below. I think the '213 objections can't be wrong' sticking out of the bramble patch at the bottom of Primrose Terrace is my personal favourite, congratulations to that merry protester for full creativity and effort, feel free to tell me who you are when we are all next down at the Caley after a meeting.
 
What's next? The FCARA Committee are expecting the final decision making meeting to be held next week. I will let you know the exact date and time when I have it. The community turning up at a planning committee meeting definitely makes a difference so we encourage you to go if you can spare the time.
 
Please pass this message on to your neighbours.
 
Best wishes
 
Jenny Goldsmith
Treasurer, FCARA

No comments:

Post a Comment